Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
Well would you believe it! Jennie at VeganMiow nominated my blog for The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (TSOTWBA). I love Jennies blog as she has some super delicious recipes on there and they are all vegetarian (& vegan) friendly. 🙂 Anyway, awards (I have discovered) are a fantastic way to get others to find your blog, see what you are doing and encourage you to seek out blogs you may not have looked at before. Most awards have rules and they tend to vary considerably from blogger to blogger, anyway… TSOTWBA rules are:
- Thank your nominator & link to their site.
- Display the award logo.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Nominate & link to 5-9 blogs (post somewhere on their blog to let them know)!
- Create 5-9 questions for your nominees to answer.
VeganMiow’s Questions for me
- Growing up, what did you want to be?
- What inspires you?
- What is your favourite quotation?
- What is your favourite place in the world right now?
- Mention an experience that changed your mentality on life?
Wow.. these are tough Jennie!
- What did I want to be! Maybe if I knew that I ‘could’ grow up?! 😛 It’s quite a long way back to think of my childhood! 😛 but possibly I wanted to work with animals, specifically horses I would think – as that was my first college course!
- What inspires me? Hmmm… self starters, self-motivated individuals and sunshine! My son has just told me this means what inspires me to cook lol… so I’ll say wanting to eat nutritious food that I know is full of goodness! 🙂 My Mum is also a fantastic cook and has always baked wonderful cakes and very moorish dinners. 🙂
- My favourite quotation? I answered this on my Liebster Award questions so I will chose a different one this time “A life without Risk, is a Life Half Lived” 🙂 My reasoning is this, if you don’t try something, you’ll never know whether it would have improved your life in any way. Do what YOU want, try everything that you dream of, and don’t put off until tomorrow what you could do today! 🙂
- My favourite place in the world right now? apart from in front of my log fire 🙂 I think it has to be the once lost city of Petra in Jordan… imagine riding down here on a donkey (anything bigger and you’d bash your head at the end)
and then suddenly the space clearing to reveal the Monastery carved into the rocky cliff face with the brilliant sun beating down and showering everything in a glistening glow. That and the desert itself… I love the desert… mirages, oasis, camels, peace, quiet, sun!
- An experience which changed my mentality on life? That I believe would have to be changing my religion! Not something which most people ever do or that most people would ever understand! Too long to go into detail now but a fantastic life changing experience which totally changed my whole outlook on every part of my life! 🙂
My Nominees (This was the really difficult part! There are so many blogs I love!)
- A Life Moment
- Chitra’s Healthy Kitchen
- The Healthy Secret Identity
- Mindful Emma
- One Hundred Twenty Three Days
- V 8 Mile
- With All My Affection
- Spoonie Sophia
My questions to you
- What one food is something that you could eat anytime, anywhere?
- What’s the main thing that have you done to change your lifestyle?
- If you could drop everything this minute, where would you go and what would you do there?
- What is the last individual sport you participated in?
- What’s your favourite restaurant and do you pick something different off the menu every time you visit?
- What is your best post on your own blog?
- What do you prefer… sweet or savoury?
Thank you all very much! 🙂