Blogging Love and Another Award
Another Liebster Award! 🙂 This time Beverley at One Vegan Day at a Time has nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. Beverley’s blog is charting her journey into a healthier life and looking at the transition from vegetarian to vegan. Beverley likens the Liebster award to an encouraging hug for new bloggers! 🙂 As my blog is only just over a month old, I am thrilled that so many of you have already found, liked, followed and commented on my blog! 🙂 THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! 🙂
The Liebster rules:
- post the award logo on your blog
- link back to the person who nominated you
- answer the questions set for you
- nominate 10 other bloggers (preferably with less than 200 followers) and let them know they’ve been nominated
- create 10 questions for your nominees
So, here are my answers to Beverley’s questions.
- How did you choose the name for your blog? My blog takes the same name as my websites www.LifeDietHealth.co.uk and www.LifeDietHealth.com which I have held for a couple of years. The websites were created to incorporate my Nutritional Therapy experience with my Life Coaching advice.
- What is your main inspiration for following a plant-based life? At this minute I would have to say it is because of my health. I have been doing some research into how what we eats affects our health (for my nutrition dissertation) and having been poorly with several chronic medical conditions over the past four years decided that the odds were in my favour! Being vegetarian however was to do with a love of animals and not wanting to chop them up myself!
- If you were a vegetable, what would you be? A parsnip!
- ……and why? Parsnips are a love or hate vegetable! Proper roasted parsnips with a hint of glaze are delectable 🙂 However, if you’ve been fed excessively-boiled parsnips, likely is you won’t like them! Why is that like me? Not everyone likes my views (especially regarding healthy foods)! and not everyone shares my calm outlook on life. Love me or leave me! 😛
- How vegan is your life outside of food/cooking? I have been a vegetarian for over twenty years and have only JUST started thinking about a vegan diet namely to see if my chronic health conditions can be improved! 🙂 I wouldn’t wear a fur coat, I’d ‘accidentally’ let all the chickens out of their cramped prisons, but you might find me wearing leather boots because my feet are pedantic and can never find what they need! 😦
- Where do you stand on honey? Hmmm! So, my husband has just ordered TONS of honey as he’s given up refined sugar (hooray). I prefer to use agave and keep telling him how many bees are needed just to make one spoonful of honey! 😦
- Do you have a signature dish? Not really! I like to make different foods all the time and there isn’t one specific dish I would cook repeatedly… although we do make lentil soup a few times a month… and cook chick pea dishes using curry powder quite a bit!
- Do you use your phone to take photos, or a camera? I generally use my phone which isn’t great but I try my best! If hubby’s free he sometimes gets the camera out… but the pictures tend to stay on the camera until after I’ve posted the recipe lol! 😛
- Are you prone to lapses (or nostalgia)? Probably lol! Depends what subject we’re on!?
- ….if so what, when, how? Huh? What? Oh! Lapses lol 😛
These are my nominations for the Liebster hug. This is always the most difficult part for me as there are so many wonderful blogs which I follow (and many more to discover). Also, I am aware that whilst some people love receiving awards, others would rather just write their own posts and not have to answer questions and nominate others! What I love about receiving awards is the knowledge that someone I’ve never met has taken the time to read something I have written, and thinks that others should also see my blog! Thanks again! 🙂
- Lupus in Colour
- The London Vegan
- Vegan Bungalow
- Active Vegan
- The Vegan Coconut
- Vegan Simplified
- More than a Dash of Salt
- Cooking to Heal ME
- Is it Vegan UK
- Eve the Vegan
Here are my 10 questions for you:
- How much time per week do you spend on your blog?
- Do you use Instagram, Facebook or Twitter in relation to your blog?
- What is your all-time favourite food?
- What mode of transport do you use the most?
- How long did you think about starting a blog before you actually created it?
- What’s the best thing about your blog?
- If you could jump on a plane right now where would you go?
- What three things would you say about yourself if you had to introduce yourself to a room full of strangers?
- What’s your favourite part of being a blogger?
- What advice would you give new bloggers?
If I have nominated you this time then ‘Congratulations!’ 🙂 I hope you cherish your award! 🙂
If I have missed you out then I am truly sorry but you either missed the criteria for this award or if not, I’m sure your time will come soon! 🙂
Keep blogging ❤