Sunny Sunday and Dairy Free Ice Cream Bites
I almost forgot to post today! I was distracted by the sunshine pouring through the windows and although there is a
bit lot of a breeze it is a glorious spring day! 🙂 So, I’ve been getting my Vitamin D intake in the garden whilst sorting out the bird bath and feeders :). This morning has not been without a kitchen stint though! My son requested pancakes as it was the weekend so I said find one on my blog 😛 to which he said he’d have the last ones we made (which typically I haven’t yet posted)! Suddenly a thought came to my mind and we played with some ingredients and came up with breakfast sticks! Unfortunately he gobbled them up before photos so there is another batch cooking! 🙂 So for now, we’ll have what should have been yesterdays post! These are cute little ice cream bites which are DEGF (Dairy. Egg. Gluten. Free.) There is NO banana in these and only five ingredients 🙂 Make a batch and if you can resist eating ‘just one more’ store them in the freezer for when you’re after a chocolate fix or for when you need a quick impressive dessert! 🙂
- 100g solid coconut cream
- 10g (2 teaspoons) raw cacao powder
- 20g agave syrup
- 40g (8) large raspberries (I used frozen)
- 50g semi-solid coconut cream
- 10g agave syrup
- 10g (2 heaped teaspoons) chia seeds
- Melt the 100g cream in a pan and add in the cacao and 20g agave. Stir until you have a smooth paste.
- Pour halfway up the sides of several (I used 14) small moulds. Put in the freezer.
- Put the raspberries in a pan and crush with the back of a spoon.
- Add the 50g coconut cream and stir until melted. Add the agave and mix until smooth.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds over the raspberry mix and stir in. Cook for 30 seconds and remove from the heat.
- Use the raspberry mixture to top up the moulds, pouring it onto the chocolate.
- Level the tops and return to the freezer.
- Check after thirty minutes to see if they are frozen and if they can be easily removed from the moulds. If they are difficult to remove, return to the freezer for a bit longer.
Serve and Store
- You choose! Eat with a spoon or pick up like a chocolate!
- You could add your favourite fruit puree or fresh fruit to make an attractive dessert.
- Keep in a plastic bag / container in the freezer until required.
- Can be frozen for up to a month (I’ve not tested longer).