Do you find it hard to get out of bed on a Monday? or is that just me? It’s not like I went to bed any later (I don’t think) or that I did anything over the weekend to wear me out, but this morning I just couldn’t open my eyes, couldn’t take that first step out from under my warm duvet, couldn’t even open my eyes enough to check my emails (on my phone while I’m waking up!) and then I wondered if it was a Monday thing! 😛 I’m sure most days (especially when it’s still dark outside and cold too) I get up with more ‘get up’! The rest of the week just follows really, but Monday! After a weekend of rest and relaxing, suddenly we’re asking our bodies to work all day, concentrate and do much more that it’s had to for a few days! Then… I remembered the cookies! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Well, if there’s a thing to entice me to crawl out of bed it’s that breakfast is waiting! Yes… nothing wrong with ‘healthy’ cookies for breakfast! These are full of protein, vitamins particularly vitamin A (loads of vitamin A in these)! which is great for healthy eyes and vision as well as maintaining the immune system (mine’s already under attack so hopefully these will help)! and a whole host of other vitamins, antioxidants and minerals! Quick and easy to make these are lovely little bundles of goodness… disguised as cookies! 😛 🙂
- 200g sweet potato baked
- 200g porridge oats
- 20g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10g coconut oil
- 5g agave
- 10g cacao powder
- Ensure the potato is mashed well to make it smooth.
- Blitz the oats and add to the potato. Mix until you have small crumbs.
- Rub in the sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Roll into small balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand (you can eat this it’s yummy)! 😛
- Place on a baking tray and bake at Gas Mark 4 (350f / 180c) for 20 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Optional dipping: Melt the coconut oil, stir in the agave and cacao. Dip / drizzle half of the biscuit with the chocolate mix then sprinkle with coconut. Allow to dry.
Serve & Store
- Ooo… these are yummy to wake me up
on a Mondayanyday for breakfast! 🙂
- Serve as a tasty after school snack with a glass of plant based milk 🙂
- Have at elevenses! 🙂 How many of you know what that is?
- Snack on them, munch them, share? them!
- Store for 3-5 days covered (airtight if you wish but they are soft anyway)