Fudgey Chocolatey Free From…Fudge
Hello Weekend! 🙂 It seems like I’ve been up for hours already (early football today)! but once again I’ve not achieved much! That said I did make some bread for breakfast (DEGF recipe soon…) and of course the second load of washing is in, the kitchen has been tidied (?!) and I’ve been taste testing the fudge! 🙂 I’m not sure if you can call it fudge? if it doesn’t have sugar, butter or milk in it… but it is certainly sweet, soft and yummy! 🙂 Oh… and I believe? it is a raw recipe too! 🙂 I have made this into chocolate orange fudge but you can change the flavours by adding mint extract, coffee essence, rose water or any other delightful flavourings you have :). The measurement for the flavouring can be amended to your taste, but rather than use a teaspoon for measuring, I used my syringe! If I put the syringe straight in the bottle and draw out precise measurements, I can easily return any unused parts and nothing is wasted. If you don’t have a syringe, just add a few drops at a time and see how the flavour is. If you need a gift (maybe for Easter), why not make a batch with different flavours, in different shapes or sizes and wrap in cellophane for a personalised present. 🙂 I know I’d be happy with a load (oh yes… that’s why there aren’t many in the photos! I ate them! TASTE testing)! 😛 🙂
- 80g cashews
- 80g porridge oats (GF if required)
- 2 teaspoons maca (you could probably substitute lucuma)
- 80ml unsweetened carton coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons cacao
- 20ml date syrup
- 20ml agave syrup
- 40g coconut flour
- 4ml orange blossom water (substitute any liquid essence)
- Blitz the cashews and oats together until you have a fine powder. Blitz again so the oils start coming out and the mixture starts to come together.
- Add the maca, milk and cacao and blitz again.
- Mix in date syrup, agave and coconut flour.
- Gradually add the orange blossom water, mix well and taste for flavour.
- Fill small moulds and freeze for 15 minutes. Alternatively make one large block and slice into pieces.
- Store in the fridge until required.
- Serve as petit fours with hot drinks.
- Wrap in cellophane or a small box and give as a gift.