Quick & Easy Pan Roasted Tofu with Mushrooms
Hello all and Happy Monday! Did you notice I had a day off yesterday and didn’t post anything at all! I think I will try that from now on… just posting Monday to Saturday… unless of course I have something so exciting to tell you that it can’t wait! 😛 🙂 I had a very busy day in the kitchen on Saturday! Dairy, Egg and Gluten Free (DEGF) is one thing, but adding refined sugar free and yeast free into the mix (or out! 😛 ) makes for LOTS of batches! Lots of eating too and by the end I was totally fed up with waiting for the next lot to come out of the oven, tasting them and then making some more. However… 🙂 on Sunday morning breakfast was batch D, E, F… and you know, I actually liked them all! 🙂 and had more for afternoon tea!!! 🙂 That recipe will come soon (it’s for Easter)! but for now, here’s a very quick and easy tofu dinner to throw together 🙂 Loads of healthy goodness in this meal and oodles of yummy taste! 🙂
- 200g firm tofu (drained and squeezed of liquid)
- 10g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- pinch of dried chilli (or dried chilli seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I used Pink Himalayan)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 10g coconut oil for cooking
- 2 large flat mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato halved then sliced
- 50g (2 handfuls) fresh spinach washed
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour all over the tofu.
- Add paprika, herbs, chilli, salt and garlic to the bowl
then gently mix to coat.
- Melt the oil in a large frying pan and tip the tofu mixture into the pan (including any loose powders). Toss the tofu in the oil and keep the pan contents moving.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the tomato.
- Heap the spinach into the pan
and gently mix everything together. When the spinach has wilted, remove from the heat and serve.
Serve & Store
- Eat this for a quick and tasty dinner.
- Add pasta (we used rice & maize spirals) for a more substantial meal.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
- When cool, store covered and refrigerated for up to three days.