Dipping Donuts Dunking Doughnuts DairyFree Donuts!
Day four of the A-Z challenge brings us to ‘D’
Another seemingly easy letter but being a Saturday if you’re a regular to Life Diet Health you’ll know that’s my cake and chocolate posting day! So donuts it had to be! I’m certain when I was at school it was doughnuts!? Anyway, dipping or dunking doughnut or donuts, these are not only dairy free, but egg free, gluten free and refined sugar free too! 🙂 I know! 🙂 I do however have a little machine which cooks these into perfect little round shapes but I’m sure a waffle iron, a sandwich toaster or a flat griddle would work too! 🙂
Anyway, I wanted it to be ‘P’ today or even ‘C’ again would have worked as I made something SO bizarre last night but so incredibly tasty! On my flight to Istanbul last weekend I just happened to sit next to someone whose ex-boyfriend was a vegan and this concept came from her! It was so yummy even though (of course) I made up my own recipe and I just wish I could post it today! You’ll have to wait for ‘P’ on the 18th (oh no.. its a Saturday! well, its a savoury dish but it’s almost as yummy as cake)! 😛 🙂
So.. back to D and the D’nuts! 😛
- 5g (1 heaped teaspoon) chia seeds
- 15ml water
- 60g porridge oats
- 30g millet flakes
- 12g (2 heaped teaspoons) baking powder
- 10g coconut oil melted and cooled
- 150ml water
- 10g agave
- Mix the chia with the 15ml water, stir well and set aside.
- Put the oats and millet in a blender and blitz to a fine flour. Add the baking powder.
- Pour in the oil, water and agave and pulse until combined.
- Add the chia mix and combine. Rest the mixture for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat your donut/waffle/toaster/griddle and pour in the batter. Cook as per machine instructions.
- Remove carefully, add your toppings and eat.
Serve & Store
- Serve with your favourite toppings! Sugar, syrup, fruit, jam, chocolate or anything else I’ve missed!
- Eat them warm straight from cooked 🙂
- Munch with a mug of hot drink!
- Store? err… well… if you don’t eat them all I guess you could put them in a covered container for a few days!
- Dip them. Dunk them. Top them. Spread them. Eat them!!! 🙂