Luscious Lentils 🙂
Well, last night I suddenly thought the blog tomorrow for the A-Z Challenge is
and in this house, that has to be ‘lentils’ 🙂 Lentils are such a wonderful food full of protein, fibre, iron and a whole range of minerals 🙂 This dish is very easy and quick to make and you can vary the taste to your liking.
- Coconut oil
- 1 onion (approximately 100g) cut into eight wedges
- 2 garlic cloves quartered
- 25g tomato puree
- 600ml boiling water
- 100g red split lentils
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Melt the coconut oil and add the onion and garlic.
Coat in the oil and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and mix into the onions.
Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the water,
mix well, then add the lentils.
Cook for 5-10 minutes until the lentils start to soften, then add the beans.
- Sprinkle over the pepper, salt and paprika, stir, turn the heat down and leave to cook for five more minutes. Check for seasoning and softness and adjust or cook for a few more minutes if necessary.
Serve & Store
- Serve over your favourite grain
- Eat with your favourite bread or wrap
- Add a salad on the side
- Refrigerate when cold and eat within three days