Free From Baking in a hurry… Thought to blog in 35 minutes!!!
Hello 🙂 🙂 🙂 So another WHOLE week has passed and I have been sillyly (that’s GOT to become a word)! busy yet again! I couldn’t bear the thought of not posting at least once and I guessed that some of you might be short of time too! This is a very quick recipe – DEGF (Dairy. Egg. Gluten. Free) and I’m so confident this will turn out great, that I am writing this as it bakes! 😀
It’s nothing really new (sorry… time is short)! but I ‘needed!’ something to eat and I needed it now! I know ‘now’ has gone but I did eat a fair chunk before it even reached the oven! 😛
This is a flapjack type bake… someone must have another word for flapjack! Ooo.. how about coconut oat tray bake! 🙂 Well, that’s what this one is! It’s full of coconut (obviously) and pecans! So it’s good for you too! I said it was quick… it only has seven ingredients and it’s made in one bowl with one spoon! 🙂
Sixteen Fifteen squares of (14) yumminess (13) OMGosh! Stop eating them (12)!!! Have a look…
- 30g coconut oil
- 45ml date syrup
- 45ml maple syrup
- 200g porridge oats (GF if required)
- 30g cassava flour
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 20g chopped pecans
- Put the coconut oil in a large bowl and mix with the date and maple syrups. Once mixed, put in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt it completely. Stir to combine.
- Add the oats and stir until coated with the syrup mix.
- Sprinkle over the cassava flour, coconut and pecans. Mix well.
- Tip into a lined (or greased) square baking tin. Press and level the top.
- Bake at Gas Mark 5 (375f / 190c) for fifteen minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for ten minutes. Slice into squares (makes 16).
Serve & Store
- Munch away! 😛 🙂
- Lunchbox, picnic, snack time.
- Serve with a cup of your favourite brew.
- Ooo… serve with sliced strawberries (hubby just picked another 2kg from the garden)!!!
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Hopefully I’ll be back soon! I’ve got a fantastic tofu recipe which has become my go to food which you HAVE to make!!! 😛 and I never even liked tofu!!! It’s good!!! 🙂 VERY good!!! 🙂 Oh well.. back to being insanely busy! 😦 Keep smiling! 🙂 (note to self!!! 😛 🙂 )