One Step Cake Cookies. Free From and Sugar Free
It’s me! 🙂 I’m here! 🙂 At last my incessant busy-ness is easing! 🙂 Finally I have ‘some’ time to myself! Well… for a few more days until the school holidays start that is! 😛 🙂 I know I’m posting on a Sunday AGAIN! After initially stating that Sunday would be the only day I didn’t post, but if I look back over the past month, then Sunday has been the only day which I have managed to post! 🙂 I’m very excited to be back in the kitchen! 😀 I can’t wait to be able to open the fridge to find dairy free feta, chocolate jam and berry spread! I’m excited to try out some new courgette recipes (we actually managed to grow some courgettes this year)! and use the fresh tomatoes from the garden too! 🙂 This is the first year our fruit trees have been established enough to grow anything and the plum and apple tree are looking decidedly delicious already with half sized fruits adorning their branches. I just hope I have enough time at home to put them to good use! 🙂 Anyway, back to todays recipe! In the throws of being very busy and NOT wanting to just grab some processed snack to keep me going AND having finished all of my organic 60% chocolate 😦 I needed something very quick and easy which I could
nibble munch on! So these little bites were born! 🙂 You can flatten them into cookies or leave them in mounds for a different texture. Both take the same amount of cooking and you can add toppings – or even add into the mix any extra ingredients which take your fancy! I even made these again this morning… just to double check the recipe was what I thought it was! 😛 (no… not because I wanted something yummy to eat!)
- 60g cashew nuts
- 60g porridge oats (GF if required)
- 60g flaked almonds
- 120g banana
- toppings of choice – cacao nibs, nuts, coconut
- Blitz the ingredients in a blender/food processor one at a time,
adding the next ingredient to what you already have. When you add the banana you may have to stop and scrape the sides but it will all come together.
- Scoop out and place on a lined baking sheet – flatten if you wish or leave as little mounds (I like little mounds).
- Sprinkle toppings over and gently press to stick.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4 for ten minutes.
Serve & Store
- Store covered at room temperature.
- Enjoy as a healthy snack, breakfast cookie, dessert or picnic food.
- Delicious on their own straight from the oven or cooled.
- Dip or drizzle in chocolate for an extra yummy cookie!