Chocolate Berry Smoothie Ice… Dairy Free! 🙂
After the last few days I thought that summer in the UK had finally ended 😦 We have had so much rain that I’ve even had to empty the trays under the tomatoes! This morning however is lovely blue skies with not a fluffy white cloud in sight 🙂 The school holidays have nearly ended (didn’t they just whizz by)! and I’m sure the sun will go into hiding again soon, but while it’s still here try this double layer smoothie! 🙂 It’s refreshing. It’s icy cold. It’s chocolatey. It’s fruity. It’s full of health boosting ingredients! What more could you ask! 🙂 Oh, except that someone makes it for you whilst you catch the last rays of sun! 😀 I think I’ll share these with Deborah at the Plant Based Potluck Party #59 🙂 and seems though they would make great party drinks, I’m going to share them with Angie at Fiesta Friday # 83 too! 🙂
- 150ml milk (I used unsweetened carton coconut)
- 100g icecubes
- 100g banana
- 50g frozen mixed berries
- 50ml milk (I used unsweetened carton coconut)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cacao
- Put the milk, ice, banana and berries in a good blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses whilst you prepare the second layer.
- Blitz the milk, butter, syrup and cacao until combined (you can use the same blender).
- Carefully spoon the chocolate mixture onto the berry mixture.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice – coconut, cacao nibs, nuts.
Serve & Store
- This is ICY cold! Please remember this when taking your first sip!
- Ideally serve immediately (especially if it’s hot where you are), but this will be okay for 20-30 minutes.
- Top with your favourite extras – coconut, pistachios, cacao nibs, cacao powder, fresh berries etc.
- Swirl the two mixes together for a different taste!
Gather Prepare Serve & Store
Chocolate Berry Smoothie Ice...Dairy Free
Serve & Store