Balsamic Dressing… umami those veg!
It’s cold! No two ways about it! Over the weekend the UK has suddenly gone from ‘okay to leave the house without a jacket weather’ to ‘thick socks, gloves and hat weather’! Last week it was 16 degrees most days and suddenly there’s a frost when I wake up! Colder weather means more warming foods – soups, casseroles, crumbles and roasted veg! 🙂
Some of you may know that I have been studying and having to follow recipes (gasp)! This recipe I’m sharing with you today is one of those! I would never have dreamt of putting all of these ingredients together and spending all that time when I could just drizzle balsamic vinegar straight from the bottle. Having just made my second batch though, I realised it’s not as time consuming as I thought and this is so much better than anything shop bought!
Gather everything together, measure carefully into a screw top jar, shake to combine and there you have it. This is something that you need in your fridge at all times. Massage it into your veg before roasting, mix it into your salad or pour it over steamed new potatoes – this is finger lickin sauce! Delicious! 🙂
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons date paste (puree dates with water)
- 1/2 tablespoon onion granules
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of fresh chives – finely chopped
- Put all of the ingredients into a screw top jar. Shake well.
Serve & Store
- Spoon over roasted vegetables
- Mix into fresh salads
- Pour over roasted new potatoes
- Store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks
Gather Prepare Serve & Store
Balsamic Dressing... umami those veg!
Serve & Store