Zingy Marbled Cheesecake – Vegan, Gluten-Free and Raw!
How happy and excited am I!!! 😀 Several reasons! The sun has finally decided to come out of hiding! Hubby has (finally, thank you x) finished our patio and I was able to use it for the first time yesterday for our ladies that lunch (stuffed mushrooms, za’atar aubergine & minted bean salad). The garden is full of delightfully fragrant bluebells brightening up my borders before all the summer flowers burst into colour…
Bluebells bursting into the borders!
Delicately fragranced English Bluebell
The hanging baskets are thriving too
I finally sussed out instagram (I think?!) and have started putting food photos over there too! Oh and most importantly…
This weekend I get to co-host Fiesta Friday! 😀 What’s that I hear you ask? Fiesta Friday is an all weekend (Friday to Tuesday) blog hop party where you get to meet amazing people and try delicious food! (virtually of course)! Angie is the genius behind Fiesta Friday and I first discovered her when she produced these lovely looking pineapple flowers. 🙂 The idea behind Fiesta Friday is that you post your recipe, then pop along to see what everyone else has, visit different blogs, make new friends and strike up a few conversations along the way! This weekend I’m co-hosting with the talented Kaila @GF life 24/7 and everyone (as always) is welcome! 🙂 As co-host I’ll be officially visiting and commenting on the posts and selecting my favourites which could become next weeks features! What are you waiting for! Come on over, link up (read the guidelines first) and join the fun!!! 🙂 Kaila and I will see you there!
What am I sharing at the Fiesta? I’ve created the most delicious tasting cheesecake that had everyone wanting seconds (or thirds)! AND it’s totally vegan, gluten-free and raw!!! None of my taste testers follow any such diet and they loved it! I hope you all agree! 🙂
Coconut cream with vegan cheesecake
Raw chocolate dipped strawberries with lime zest
Delicious vegan cheesecake ready to share… or not! 😛
Zingy Marbled Cheesecake (Vegan & Free-From)
- 40g almonds
- 40g walnuts
- 200g soft dates (about 17 destoned)
- 50g oats (gluten free if required or omit to make totally raw)
- 250g soaked weight cashews (preferably soaked overnight)
- 80g coconut cream (solid part)
- 25ml maple syrup (or raw alternative)
- 50ml fresh lime juice (approximately 2 limes)
- lime zest (from 2 limes)
- 2 medium strawberries (chopped) plus extra to garnish
- Chocolate for decoration (optional)
- Put the almonds and walnuts in a food processor (or blender) and blitz until you have small pieces. Add the dates and process until chopped and the mixture naturally forms into a ball. If using oats add in and process until combined.
- Tip the mixture into a shallow glass bowl or a spring-form tin with a removable base(line with greaseproof paper strips and base sheet if you don’t have a spring-form tin). Press the mixture firmly into the tin until you have a smooth level base. Refrigerate whilst you prepare the filling.
- Put the pre-soaked cashews in the blender with the coconut cream and maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener). Pour over half of the lime juice and process until smooth. Add the remaining lime juice and continue to process until the filling is completely smooth and creamy.
- Remove half of the filling mixture and stir in the zest of one lime.
- Add the strawberries to the blender and process until you have a uniform pink colour.
- Alternate spoonful’s of the two fillings onto the base, swirl together and level out.
- Refrigerate until firm (or freeze if you need it quicker!) then carefully remove from the tin (bowl) and decorate.
Serve & Store
- Top your cheesecake with fresh strawberries, lime zest or chocolate drizzle (or all three!)
- Dip strawberries in melted (raw) chocolate and sprinkle with lime zest.
- Serve au naturel or add some cream on the side (we made coconut pouring cream).
- Keep refrigerated for up to a week.
- Can be frozen for up to a month (can be eaten frozen or defrosted naturally).
- Make miniature cheesecakes instead of one large one – mini lime and mini strawberry cheesecakes.
Check out the step-by-step pictures below to see how it’s done @LifeDietHealth…
Don’t forget!!! Come and join me, Kaila and everyone else at the Fabulous Fiesta Friday 🙂
Find @LifeDietHealth on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram.