Melt in the mouth…vegan cookies
Oh yes! 😀 Melt in the mouth and vegan don’t usually go together but these… these are just that! They have a slight crisp shell which breaks through to a soft melty buttery interior. It’s insane… they are so easy to make with only FOUR basic ingredients! 😀 Add your favourite extras such as chocolate chips, caramelised pecans, a dash of orange extract or a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar! Use this recipe as a base and play away! 😛 🙂 Just remember you might need to add a bit more flour if you add any liquid (such as runny nut butter). If your banana isn’t the sweetest, you might need to add a spoon of something if you’re used to sugary biscuits! 😛
These are easy to whip up quickly and can be devoured as soon as they come out of the oven… okay I should have let the first batch cool down before trying them but hot, warm, cold – anyway they’re great! Let me know your favourite flavour… I’m off to try chocolate orange and maple pecan! 🙂
Melt in the mouth cookies (Vegan & Free-From)
- 60g coconut oil softened (not melted)
- 60g very ripe mashed banana
- 60g ground almonds
- 60g oat flour (gluten free if required)
- *optional pinch of vanilla
- *extras as required
- Mash oil into the banana to make a smooth paste, then add the almonds and flour.
- Mix everything together well (including vanilla if using). Taste and add a teaspoon of your favourite sweetener if you prefer a sweeter taste (maple syrup, coconut sugar, agave syrup etc.).
- Add your extras.
- Form into balls, then press down to flatten. Bake at Gas Mark 4 (350f / 180c) for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Serve & Store
- I would eat immediately 😛 but they will store in an airtight container for about a week.
- Make a batch and then divide the dough into sections and add your extras.
- Try adding your favourite spices: cinnamon; cloves; nutmeg; allspice; ginger
- Mix in some dried fruit: apricots, raisins, figs, coconut; dates
- Add a drop of extract: orange, coffee, almond
- Crush some nuts and add in: walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, peanuts
- Chocolate! Add your favourite chocolate drops or chop up some chunks.
- How about trying: mixed seeds; cacao powder; maple sugar; nut butters; superfood powders
- Combine your favourite flavours: chocolate & orange; cacao & hazelnut; coffee & walnut; almond butter & chocolate chips; apricots & figs…