The best green beans ever!!!
Seriously! Oh my! I cannot believe we never thought of this before! You might think there’s only so many green beans you can eat, but these… these are totally amazing! AND… really simple!!! I was actually being lazy and didn’t want to chop any more beans to steam and decided to throw them in the oven! Yes – roasted beans! Not just any roasted beans though! These are Cajun roasted beans!
The method for these is simple!
- Top & tail the runner beans (& de-string if necessary).
- Heat some oil (I used coconut) in a baking tray.
- Add the whole beans then sprinkle with Himalayan salt, freshly ground black pepper and Cajun spice (as much as you dare).
- Mix everything together ensuring that all the beans are coated.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at Gas Mark 4 (350f / 175c).
- Resist eating them all as soon as you see them!
- Enjoy! 🙂
So, all those beans which keep growing and growing… now you have something quick, easy and so tasty (we made two batches today)! to do with them! Lunch, dinner, sides, even as a snack! If you’re not growing beans
why not, they are plentiful at the minute! I have seen loads for sale outside peoples houses, tied up in little bundles – make sure you get 3 or 4 though as you’ll want to keep munching these!!!