Earth Hour Today (Saturday) 8.30pm – 9.30pm
Something a bit different today because I’ve been participating for several years and love ❤ telling others about how they can help our wonderful world be a better place! 🙂
If you’ve never heard of earth hour, never participated in earth hour or never considered the impact of climate change on our world today… then take a minute or two to find out what it’s all about… sign up… and get others to sign up too! We CAN make a difference! 🙂
- Earth Hour? What’s that? “Earth Hour is… uniting people to protect the planet.
- When is Earth Hour? Saturday 28 March (2015) from 8.30pm until 9.30pm local time.
- What will Earth Hour achieve? “Earth Hour aims to encourage an interconnected global community to share the opportunities and challenges of creating a sustainable world.”
- What does Earth Hour ask people to do? Turn off non-essential lights for one hour as a symbol for your commitment to the planet.” but “The vision is always to do more, so make the light switch the beginning of your journey.”
- Is switching the lights off a safety hazard? “Usually the overhead lights in rooms (whether it is your house or a business), outdoor lighting that does not impact safety, decorative lights, neon signs for advertising, televisions, desk lamps” etc. can all be safely switched off without any danger to anyone’s safety. Use common sense and “Make sure you have alternative light sources handy before Earth Hour starts, like torches or candles.”
- Which lights stay on? “There are a few lights we can say with certainty that should NOT be turned off, including safety lights in public spaces, lights for aviation guidance, traffic lights, security lights, just to name a few. We ask people to use common sense. Before you turn off any lights for public spaces, Earth Hour recommends you check with local officials or community centres.”
For more information watch the short video below or (and) go to: