Maple Donuts Free From
I’m back again, short and sweet! 😛 🙂 Breakfast, dessert, snack, anytime! 🙂 How were these created? “Waffles!” My son came in much too early for a weekend and said “Can we have waffles? Do we have any waffles?” We didn’t, but the thought of donuts instead kept him happy! 🙂 These were whipped up in no time at all and everyone at home ate them… vegan… healthy… though they were! 😛 🙂 These are really good! We might just have to have them again after dinner! 🙂
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds (5g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water (20-25ml)
- 15g coconut oil melted
- 170ml milk (I use unsweetened carton coconut)
- 60g sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 40ml maple syrup
- 60g brown rice flour
- 60g cassava flour
- 80g porridge oats ( GF if required )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- First mix the chia with the water and leave to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, simply put everything together in the blender and mix!
- Pour into your donut moulds (I’m sure a waffle iron or a standard pan would work fine too) and let cook!
Serve & Store
- Serve with more maple syrup, fresh fruits or chocolate!
- Melt some butter/coconut oil and dip the hot donuts in, then toss to coat in sugar (messy but fun)!
- Dust with cacao or eat as they are.
- Store… seriously? These little bites aren’t hanging around long enough to store! 😛 Try an airtight container for 2-3 days.