Chia Chocolate Porridge
What a VERY busy week! and a neglected blog! 😦 I have a valid reason though! My son was on a school trip… not just for a day but for a whole week!!! No phones allowed either so it was a whole week with the only contact being just one text from school on the first day to say they’d arrived safely! As you can imagine, keeping busy was then my main goal this week and therefore I was hardly at home!
The beginning of the week it was dull and cold in the UK, we even had a frost overnight! The last two days however have been glorious sunshine and around 20 degrees (c)!
This recipe was something quick and easy on those colder mornings. Very delicious too and this will definitely be a go to breakfast in the winter! 🙂
- 50g porridge oats (GF if required)
- 1 teaspoon cacao
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
- pinch of mixed spice
- 200ml milk (I used unsweetened carton coconut)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Put the oats in a microwavable bowl.
- Add the cacao, coconut and spice then mix well.
- Stir in the milk until combined.
- Sprinkle the chia over the top and gently mix in.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on the power).
Serve & Store
- Serve immediately!
- Top with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds etc.
- Try pouring some ice cold milk around the edge of the porridge.