Ten minute chickpea wraps & a UK road trip!
Back to school! OMGosh! Where did the summer holidays go? It doesn’t seem five minutes since the holidays started let alone five weeks! 😦 My friends always have mixed views about the holidays… I love having the children about and with lots of planning there’s always something to do! 😀 I’m already hearing my friends saying they can’t wait until Monday so they can have some peace and quiet! Oh well, new routines, new friends and new challenges to come so that is something to look forward to! 🙂 Every September I always get the studying bug and think I should try something new! This year however that means continuing my studies which have been on hold over the summer – I’ll soon be a qualified Life Coach! 😀 Hopefully before the end of the year I’ll also find the time (& the know-how) to sort out my new website!
What did you get up to over the summer? Here’s a few photos from our UK road trip. 😀 We travelled to Torquay, Devon in the South West, then to the gorgeous Isle of Wight, then the Naval town of Portsmouth before finishing up in the seaside resort of Brighton! SO many different scenes and environments! Have a look at Torquay and onwards…
to the Isle of Wight…
and in Brighton…
Now it’s back to a recipe! Very quick chickpea wraps! Delicious, nutritious and filling!
Ten minute chickpea wraps
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Little gem lettuce leaves
- *optional lemon juice
- *optional dressing
- Tip the chickpeas into a pan with the liquid.
- Stir in chili, paprika, salt & pepper. Leave to cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Chop the avocado and tomato into bite size pieces, stir into the chickpeas. Squeeze over lemon juice if using.
- Load up your lettuce wraps. Drizzle with dressing if you like.
Serve & Store
- These are best served fresh as they’re so quick to make.
- Instead of lettuce wraps use your favourite bread based wraps.
- Drizzle with sauce such as tahini, balsamic or barbecue.
- Store left over chickpeas in the fridge for a couple of days – note: stir through fresh lemon/lime juice to prevent the avocado from discolouring.
- Use mixture to top houmous and serve with crudités and crunchy pitta strips.
Sharing these with the lovely Deborah at the Plant Based Potluck Party and at Healthy Vegan Fridays with Mary Ellen & Kimmy 🙂
15 thoughts on “Ten minute chickpea wraps & a UK road trip!”
These look so fresh and delicious! Chickpeas are such a healthy and easy food. Love the way you made these.
Thank you Julie… chickpeas are my fast-food! 🙂 Do you have a favourite chickpea recipe?
Your vacation sounds amazing! I’ve never been to the UK before but it’s on my list!
Chickpeas are my favorite bean I use them in everything from curries to dips. This recipe will be right up my alley!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂 Oh there are amazing places to see in the UK… and this year we’ve had good weather too! 😀 I’m with you on chickpeas- we buy them 2 cases at a time! 😛 Hope you get to try this soon! 🙂
I love these quick, easy to throw together wraps. YUM!
Your summer sounds like it was filled with so many fun adventures =) I managed to go adventuring myself and checked out Vancouver, British Columbia, Seattle, Washington & Yosemite National Park. I love summer.
Thanks so much for sharing this at Healthy Vegan Fridays! I’m pinning & sharing. I would love to see more of your recipes! Hope you’re having a great week =)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Kimmy 🙂 Wow, what an adventure you must have had too! 😀 Back to reality again now though! … and my own food! 😛 🙂 Nearly the weekend! 🙂
This is such a beautiful presentation for a quick gluten free vegan meal!
Awww thank you… its very tasty too! ☺ What do you like to put in lettuce wraps?