Healthy Chocolate Protein Truffles
- 50g soaked almonds (soak overnight & remove skins)
- 50g pitted dates
- 1 /2 tsp rose water
- 10g sesame seeds
- 5g raw cocoa powder
- Sprinkle the rose water over the inside of the dates (if you can, leave them a couple of hours to marinate).
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a natural ball (if you have a small processor do this in two batches).
- If you have a small chocolate mould you can use this to make the truffles, otherwise either make a log which can be sliced, or roll the mixture into bite sized balls.
- Once formed, put the truffles in the fridge to firm up.
- Dust with cocoa powder or sesame seeds.
- Store covered in the fridge.
- Can be frozen for a different experience.
There are so many variations you can make even when making one batch. I made 5 truffles (a third of the mix) with this recipe then I added an extra teaspoon of rosewater along with a flat level teaspoon of wheatgrass powder. After making five of these, I then added a final 5g of sesame seeds and finished up the mix. Delicious, I have three different tasting truffles (and different shapes so that they are identifiable)… well I did! lol… there’s only a couple left altogether now!