Free From Pancakes (DEGF)
At the weekend my son said “we haven’t had pancakes for ages?” so, taking that as a challenge I set about seeing what I could come up with! I had been making pancakes with regular white flour, egg and coconut milk (for the dairy sub.) but since trying to cut out both refined white products and eggs, the thought of pancakes hadn’t even crossed my mind! Several attempts later, I finally had something worthy of being named a pancake! and very yummy they were too!
Aside from pancakes, as you know I’m new to blogging 🙂 I have a question!? Which is preferable WordPress.com or WordPress.org? I already own the domain http://www.LifeDietHealth.com so when I set up the wordpress.com blog, I had no option but to add the dot wordpress dot com to my blog. I’ve been trying amidst new recipe experiments to map my domain to here but realised that that works out very expensive! Then I discovered that my website host has a wordpress.org system already set up and I therefore spent all day yesterday trying to replicate this blog on http://www.LifeDietHealth.com. Now I have another problem! The lovely comments some of you have made have been transferred to the new blog but all of the likes and the follow buttons have disappeared! Am I missing something? Should I just stick with wordpress.com? Any help, advice, suggestions, comments or ideas welcome!? Thank you!
Back to pancakes! 🙂
- 60g brown rice flour
- 10g coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10g linseed (flax seeds)
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
- 100ml coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 30g apple puree (unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut oil for cooking
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and process until most of the linseeds are powdered.
- Add the milk and whisk.
- Stir in apple sauce and vanilla.
- Leave to rest for at least 15 minutes (while you get some yummy pancake toppings).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a small amount of coconut oil. Ensure the pan is really hot (but not smoking).
- Pour in some of the pancake batter and quickly swirl it around to make a nice round shape.
- Leave the batter to set completely before flipping the pancake over and cooking on the other side.
- Cook the remaining pancakes and serve!
- Freshly cooked and plain are tasty!
- Try with your favourite fruit sliced on top (banana goes well).
- Drizzled with agave syrup are yum!
- Topped with Berry Blast is perfect!
One thought on “Free From Pancakes (DEGF) and wordpress.com OR wordpress.org ?”