Courgetti with Quick Pomodoro Sauce
A very quick post today but nonetheless full of nutrition and flavour! 🙂 Courgetti! 🙂 I don’t know what we did before we had the spiraliser! It is fantastic and great fun too! This is a quick dish for hungry footballers! 😛 🙂 If you don’t have a spiraliser,
go and buy one! then you could try grating the courgette or just use the sauce with spaghetti and hope you get to try courgetti soon! 😛 🙂
- 1 large courgette spiralised
- 1 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (I use freshly ground)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 100g fresh spinach rinsed and drained
- Put the tomatoes in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan.
- Bring almost to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and basil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- A few handfuls at a time, add the spinach and push down into the pan. Keep adding handfuls until it is all in the pan. This will seem like a lot of spinach but it will wilt down and you’ll think it’s not enough!
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has cooked then ladle over the courgetti and eat!
Serve & Store
- This sauce can be served hot or cold.
- Serve as a nutritious side… to chickpea patties?
- Store in the fridge for up to three days.
- Courgetti should be made as required and eaten shortly after spiralising.