Healthy Chocolate Breakfast Bowl (DEGF) 🙂
What happened to Spring? The weather has turned cold again 😦 so I needed something warm and yummy for breakfast! Porridge sprung to mind but I wanted something more exciting 🙂 then I remembered that when we were younger we used to have ‘ready brek’. I’ve no idea how they get the fine floaty flakes that go in that box but I decided that if I made oat flour that would do! A
few lot of tweaks later, the healthy chocolate breakfast bowl was born! 🙂 It doesn’t take much longer than making regular porridge but instead you get a smooth, creamy, nutritious, warming bowl of deliciousness! Yes!!! 😛 Chocolate for breakfast and it ‘is’ healthy!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 This chocolate bowl is full of protein, iron, magnesium, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin E and a load of antioxidants 🙂 Yumyum!
- 50g porridge oats (GF if required)
- 100ml unsweetened carton coconut milk
- 150ml cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon date syrup
- 1 teaspoon flaked almonds
- 1 teaspoon mixed berries
- extra milk to serve (optional)
- Blitz the oats into a fine flour and place in a saucepan with approximately half (50ml) of the milk and half (75ml) of the water.
Stir to combine.
- Add the cinnamon, cacao
and date syrup. Mix in.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and water and continue stirring until you have a thick glossy liquid.
- Spoon into a bowl (or two), top with flaked almonds and berries. Add extra milk if required.
- Cook it. Eat it! Simple! 😛 🙂
- Add your favourite toppings such as fresh or dried fruits, nuts and seeds.