Roasted Pepper & Onion Soup – #dairyfree
Hello all! 🙂 What do you think of the new theme? I’ve been having a play and decided (for now) that I prefer this one over the old! What do you think?
As I’ve actually had some time to spend on the blog, I haven’t spent too much time in the kitchen! 😛 It’s one or the other! This is a very quick but nonetheless delicious winter soup recipe.
- 4-5 whole red peppers (I used Romano)
- 2 medium whole red onions (peeled)
- 1 whole head of garlic peeled
- 500ml boiling* water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Wash the peppers and place on baking tray. Add the onions and garlic. Roast at Gas Mark 5 (375f / 190c) for 30-45 minutes (checking regularly so they don’t burn).
- Remove the pepper stalks then place the peppers, onion and garlic in a blender with the boiling water (check your blender can cope with boiling water – *use cold water if necessary or if eating later). Blend on high speed until completely smooth.
- Season with pepper and garnish with basil.
Serve & Store
- Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate covered for up to 5 days.
- Add hunks of your favourite bread or crispy croutons to make a more filling meal.
- Top with your favourite nuts and seeds for added protein.
- Can be frozen once cooled and used within 2 months.
Gather Prepare Serve & Store
Roasted Pepper & Onion Soup
Serve & Store