I guess you’re thinking I’ve posted the wrong photo!!! 😛 🙂 No! Definitely not! 🙂 Accidentally the wrong type of tofu was bought (silken not firm) and so I had a little play! 🙂 From two main ingredients I managed to make a starter, main and dessert! Impressive hey! 😛 I was going to post all three today… a Tofu Trio but I decided I would keep the other two recipes for another day! This is clever! ( 😛 do I write that a lot!!!?) It’s chocolatey, creamy, satisfies the need for something sweet and looks great as well as tasting exquisite! Nobody will guess the two main ingredients and they will want this again and again! 🙂 I’m thinking this is tofu + mousse so it is called chocolate tofousse? yes? no?
Today sees letter
of the A-Z Challenge and up until late last night I ‘thought’ I knew what I was posting! As I flipped through my notebook looking for my latest ‘Truffle’ recipe to post, this jumped out and said “pick me, pick me” so I checked my photos (excuse them for not being clearer / more detailed etc) and decided ‘today’ would be their day! 😛 🙂
So, apart from being packed with protein from the tofu, you also get omega 3’s and 6 from the avocado! Yes! Tofu, avocado and cacao! This SO works! 🙂 Of course there are antioxidants, minerals and vitamins too… in dessert!!! So lets cook! 🙂
- 100g avocado (1 medium size)
- 100g silken tofu drained
- 30g agave
- 15g cacao
- 1/6 teaspoon nutmeg
- cacao nibs (optional to serve)
- fresh mint (optional to serve)
- cacao (optional to serve)
- pomegranate (optional to serve)
- Put a knife into the avocado in a couple of places, then place whole in the oven to bake at Gas Mark 4 (350f / 180c) for 45 minutes. Remove and cut in half,
twist and remove the stone. Scoop out the baked flesh.
- Process the avocado, tofu, agave, cacao and nutmeg until you have a smooth consistency! Tada! Simple! If your processor/blender cannot deal with the textures, mash with a fork until combined and smooth!
- Heap onto a plate and decorate with cacao nibs and fresh mint. Dust with cacao powder and serve with pomegranate.
Serve & Store
- You could put this into individual pots and serve with biscuits 🙂
- Serve as a dip with fresh strawberries, raspberries or grapes 🙂
- Keep covered in the fridge for up to 5 days (ensure your tofu date has this much on it)