Creamy Chunky Coleslaw… Vegan!
Ooo it was sunny here today! Up to 18 degrees centigrade! 🙂 Bearing in mind that last night we were threatened with a frost, the temperature today was none too shabby! 🙂
So, sunny weather brings lighter food, salads and ice cream! I’m not sure how long this weather will stay but this chunky coleslaw is definitely a keeper!
Depending on what you have in stock, I have several variations of this dressing – they are all delicious and I’ve no idea why I didn’t think of them before! Anyway, a quick and simple throw together for a great side dish – or even as a main salad (I’m thinking with spiralised carrot, maybe courgetti and butternut squash noodles) or even as a dip for some crudités or sweet potato wedges yumyum!
Creamy Chunky Coleslaw (Vegan & Free-From)
- 2 carrots
- a wedge of white cabbage
- a handful of chard
- 100ml natural yogurt (I used coconut)
- 2-4 tablespoons milk (I used coconut)
- 2 tablespoons houmous
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Optional extras:
- pinch of cajun spice & a squeeze of lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- pinch of red chili flakes, 1/2 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or peanut butter if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (lightly toasted if you wish)
- Chop your vegetables into strips and place in a bowl.
- Stir together the yogurt and milk (depending on the consistency of your yogurt).
- Add the houmous and tahini and mix well.
- Add extras as desired – Cajun spice with a squeeze of lime for a Mexican twist; salt and pepper for a more traditional coleslaw; chili flakes and herbs for a bit more flavour; almond butter for a creamier taste (its really good)! Mix it up and try a few! Almond butter, Cajun spice & lime is great! 😀
- Mix your dressing through your salad coating all of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle over a splash of sesame for added crunch and decoration!
Serve & Store
- Use as a side, use as a main!
- Switch up the vegetables – or add some beans
- Add it to a burger or some delicious nut cutlets
- Throw it in a sandwich or a wrap.
- Toss it on a baked potato.
- Use the dressing as a dip for crudités, fries or a drizzle.
3 thoughts on “Creamy Chunky Coleslaw… Vegan!”
This looks delicious, I’ve not tried using coconut yoghurt as a dressing before – so I’ll give it a go, thanks 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
🙂 You’re welcome. Hope you love it as much as I do… with the almond butter it’s so good! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person